Worth a read, and it’s pretty short.
I don’t mean “the Gospel is a joke” in a pejorative way. I mean it in a metaphorical way:
- When you hear it, you either get it or you don’t.
- You can explain it and explain it and explain it and people will still not get it.
- Sometimes after years of not getting it, something happens in your life that makes you say, “Oh, now I get it.” We call this feeling an epiphany.
- You can tell by the quality of their laughter whether or not people get it. Some laugh along because they think they’re supposed to. Some assume that to be good, the joke must be at someone’s expense…
- …but the best jokes are not told at anyone else’s expense. The best presentations of the Gospel contain no malice or contempt.
- Sometimes you hear it so often you stop laughing. But maybe one day it sneaks up on you…
View original post 163 more words